How can choose an ideal Domain Name?
Domain name is extremely important part of marketing which talks with your website visitors. We can call domain name representor of your business. So, if you want to start your online business, it’s time to sit down and write list of available options for your domain name.
But how to choose the right and perfect name for your domain? Yes, that is exactly what I am going to share with you today.
- Easy to memorise
Avoid choosing long name and wrong spelling like hutpotato.com instead hotpotato.com. Try not to put hyphens or numbers in your domain name.
- Creative words
You can create new words for your domain which is unique like Google, Yahoo. A brandable domain name stands out your business.
- Specific Keywords
Try to find keywords related to your business and services you offer. For example, if you are energy finance solutions provider, it’s better to pick energy, finance and similar words. These keywords can bring more traffic to your website and improve your website ranking.
- Domain name generator tools
Sometimes you have general ideas about your domain name, but not sure they are available or is not trademark of another company. There are tools provide you with fresh ideas to gather new list of prefer domain names.
- Lean Domain Search: This tool create list of available domain names matches with your keywords
- Domain Hole: This tool allows you to search expired domains, check domain availability and discover new domain and gives you brainstorming tool, as well.
- Name Station: By signing up for a free account, you will access to, domain name generators and keyword suggestions.
- Consider Domain Extensions
From marketing perspective, it’s better to register specific extension based on country which your business will grow like (.com, .com.au, .com.nz, …). Maybe your competitor try to register your domain name with different extensions to steal your traffic.
So with these tips in mind, you can pick perfect domain name. I would love to hear from all of you about your domain choices.